2013 turned out to be a big year: Some of the biggest projects to date, and somehow a much larger total of videos. 129 videos directed in 12 months. That’s more than 3x the number I directed last year and a personal record. Highlights include:
– premiere of the comedy webseries Serious Business in April, which I directed and co-created
– along with 28-video companion “twitter pitch” campaign for the launch of the webseries
– directed sports commercials with the NBA, MLB, eight different NFL teams and NASCAR
– convinced Mike Golic (of ESPN’s Mike & Mike) to dress-up in a cat outfit and meow at my camera (highlight!)
– first foray into stop-motion animation with Google
– directed two music videos for the wonderful Laura Cortese, including
– “I Am The House” nominated for the BVEW Music Video Award and featured on NoDepression.com
– new spots for DICK’S Sporting Goods, NRG/Reliant, 3M / ACE Brand, & Wild Turkey American Honey
– traveled to 14 different cities across the U.S. for work (and ate a lot of great food)
For this year, I may be going to Africa for a couple of mini-documentaries, and I’ll be wearing a custom Boyd tartan kilt in my friend Daniel’s wedding in March. Great way to start off.
Let’s rock, 2014. Bring it.